Register marriages online
eRegistry is an easy-to-use online portal that allows authorised marriage celebrants to print marriage forms, register NSW marriages online and order certificates.
To request a login, email eRegistryfirstname.lastname@example.org quoting your celebrant number.
Register marriages by post
To register marriages by post send the marriage documents to:
NSW Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages
GPO Box 30
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Checklist for marriage documents
- Page 3 — complete 1 to 14 (and if applicable 15 to 20)
- Page 4 — signatures and date of lodgement of notice
- Note both forms of identification for each party (including dates)
- Notation of transfer when necessary
- Celebrant's number and signature included
- S 42(5A) brochure provided to couple (Happily ever… before and after)
- Number (Serial No.) noted on record keeping form
- Declarations for conjugal status completed and signed
- Both copies of official certificate of marriage signed by celebrant, parties and witnesses
- Full name of witnesses in BLOCK letters (if handwritten)
- Rites of ceremony noted
- Clear writing/printing on all documents
- No abbreviations
- Any alterations/corrections are initialled
- Send the following original documents to the Registry by mail (or if using eRegistry, scan and attach to the online notification):
- notice of intended marriage (pages 3 and 4)
- combined declaration of no impediment and official certificate of marriage
- If applicable, statutory declarations, court order and parents' consent, interpreter's certificate
Apply for a marriage certificate
Celebrants may apply for certificates on behalf of the couple after they perform the ceremony.
To apply for a marriage certificate:
- order online when using eRegistry's online portal
- mail the application form and fee to the Registry along with marriage paperwork to be lodged for registration.
Purchase marriage stationery
Our marriage celebrants
Our marriage celebrants provide a friendly and professional service so you'll have a memorable, heartfelt and personalised ceremony. Meet our celebrants.
For marriage registrations, certificate application forms and other enquiries contact:
For eRegistry technical difficulties and user support contact:
eMarriage video tutorials
eMarriages: creating and saving
eMarriages: viewing, editing and deleting
eMarriages: submitting and printing