Who this policy applies to
Agencies, statutory bodies and other government entities are required to follow the NSW Government Brand Framework.
The Brand Framework applies to:
- all government agencies under the Government Sector Employment Act 2013.
- statutory and other government bodies including
- cultural institutions
- parks and venue trusts
- independent regulatory bodies with judicial or quasi-judicial functions
- industry boards
- professional registration organisations or superannuation and insurance entities
- other independent bodies.
Agencies, statutory bodies and other government entities must follow the requirements of the master brand category of the Brand Framework. This must include the NSW Government logo and visual identity unless a formal brand exemption has been granted under the Brand Framework by the Minister for Digital, Minister for Customer Service.
Brands granted an exemption are required to follow the Brand Framework and requirements set out for their approved exemption category.
State-owned corporations may use the NSW Government brand. This must be in accordance with the Brand Framework or by standalone branding.