Get your money on track
Planning for retirement includes knowing you’ll have enough money to retire. Work out a budget, how much money you’ll need and the financial support available.
When can you retire?
You can retire at any age, however you need to be:
- between at least 55 and 60 years old to access your superannuation, depending on when you were born
- 66 years and 6 months old or older to qualify for the Age Pension (this will increase to 67 in 2023).
Retirement can look very different from person to person.
When you can retire and how comfortably you can live in retirement will depend on:
- how much money and other assets you have
- how much superannuation you have
- what your living expenses are
- whether you own your own home
- the type of lifestyle you want in retirement.
You are more likely to meet your goals if you have planned for your retirement in advance. This can include: