Published 11th October, 2016
- We aim to open all correspondence within one business day of receipt, and respond where required, within 20 working days of receipt.
- Sometimes the matters raised in correspondence are complex and require detailed investigation. Should we anticipate a delay, we will advise you accordingly.
- There may be occasions where the issues you raise are outside the Minister’s portfolio responsibilities. In this case your correspondence will be forwarded to the relevant Minister for their attention. You will be notified of the referral.
- We will only respond to items where the Minister is the primary recipient. We will not respond to correspondence where the Minister is not the primary recipient, but is marked as carbon copy.
- We will delete unsolicited advertisements without response.
- We will forward any correspondence containing threatening content or advocating illegal activities to the NSW Police Force.
- We will not respond to correspondence containing offensive language or content.
- Your correspondence, once received, will become a formal government record. We will treat this with the appropriate level of confidentiality consistent with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.