Wages assistance – JobKeeper payments
You will receive a notification from your employer if you will be receiving the JobKeeper payment.
Most employees will need to do nothing further.
Employees in the following circumstances will have additional obligations.
- If you have more than one employer you must tell your primary employer.
- If you are not an Australian citizen you must notify your employer of your visa status.
- If you currently receive an income support payment you must notify Services Australia that you will be getting JobKeeper payments.
Changing working arrangements
You may find your work arrangements are changing.
As of Monday 14 December 2020 the public health order requiring employers to allow employees to work from home (where it is reasonably practicable to do so) is repealed.
Find more information about managing changing work arrangements at the Fair Work website.
Changes to long service leave
Temporary changes have been made to long service leave arrangements to provide greater flexibility for employers and workers.
Find more information about the changes to long service leave.
Fee-free TAFE courses online
NSW residents can access a number of fee-free short courses to gain skills across a ranges of industries.
- practical business skills
- enhance your digital impact
- improve leadership performance
- develop administration skills
- grow health and medical knowledge.
Apprentices and trainees
Training Services NSW has information for apprentices and trainees affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The information covers:
- suspension and loss of job
- cancellation of apprenticeship or traineeship
- training completion
- Training Plans
- school based apprentices and trainees.
The JobTrainer funding program announced by the Australian Government in July 2020 has expanded and extended apprentice and trainee wage subsidies for businesses.
Find out what happens if your employment ends during the outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus), including what you are entitled to, and what to do next.
Unemployment assistance - JobSeeker payment boost
From 27 April to 24 September 2020, a fortnightly $550 coronavirus supplement is available on top of the normal JobSeeker payment.
From 24 September to 31 December 2020, the COVID-19 supplement will be reduced to $250 per fortnight.
Last updated: 13 December 2020