The NSW Department of Customer Service is collecting your personal and business information for the purposes of:
- Registering your business as having completed a COVID Safety Plan.
- Providing you with promotional collateral that can be displayed to inform customers that you have a COVID Safety plan and have made a commitment to be COVID Safe.
- Enabling aggregated customer feedback on your COVID Safe compliance to be collected and shared with you and your business.
- Enabling customer feedback to inform regulatory oversight. This may involve sharing information with NSW Government business regulators, Liquor & Gaming NSW and the NSW Food Authority (who have delegated authority under the NSW Public Health orders), with other relevant NSW Government agencies and Local Councils in relation to your compliance with your completed COVID Safety Plan.
- Providing implementation support, information and guidance and alerting you to changes to COVID-19 rules and regulations, and/or opportunities to support your ongoing business journey.
- Other directly related purposes.
To perform this service, we will also collect personal information of a business representative that includes:
- Full name
- Business role
- Email address
- Phone number.
Even though you are not required by law to provide the above information, if you do not provide the relevant information requested, you may not be able to complete your registration and receive the associated benefits.
We will not provide your personal information to third parties for any purposes not already stated in this privacy statement, or to which you have not otherwise consented, unless the NSW Department of Customer Service is required, or authorised, by law to do so.
We may share de-identified information for research and statistical purposes. De-identified information and aggregate data may be provided to third parties outside of NSW Department of Customer Service. For example, to evaluate program management and to answer questions such as: total number of registrations completed.
NSW Department of Customer Service will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse. Your personal information will be held and disposed of securely at:
NSW Department of Customer Service
2-24 Rawson Place
Sydney NSW, 2000.