Steps to become a COVID Safe business
Complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan
COVID-19 Safety Plans help to protect your staff, customers and visitors as you get back to business.
Some businesses will need to complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan under the public health orders, but you can also voluntarily complete one. To find out if you need to complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan, select your industry below.
There are different plans for different industries, and they all provide advice on:
- hygiene and safety
- physical distancing
- recording contact details of staff and customers
- staff wellbeing.
When you’re completing your plan, consult with your staff, and share it with them when it’s done. Find a COVID-19 Safety Plan for your industry below
Register as a COVID Safe business
As a COVID Safe business, you’ll be able to show customers that you’re committed to keeping them safe. Customers will also be able to provide feedback in real-time.
You can register online after you have completed your COVID-19 Safety Plan.
When you’ve registered, you’ll get:
- digital COVID Safe badge for use on Google and social channels
- posters on safety and hygiene
- reports on how your customers rate your business safety
Registering your premises is optional and comes with some obligations. You’ll need a COVID-19 Safety Plan to register.
If you have completed your COVID-19 Safety Plan, you can now register as a COVID Safe business
Show that you’re COVID Safe
The final step is showing that you’re doing your part to keep our community COVID Safe:
- download and display your COVID Safe posters and make your customers feel confident
- consider using a contactless method such as a QR code to collect customer details for contact tracing
- share your completed COVID-19 Safety Plan with your staff to ensure their wellbeing
- display your COVID Safe badge on your digital and social channels such as Facebook and Google Maps
- train new workers to act in a COVID Safe way
- keep your plan up-to-date when there are changes to the rules.
Customers can visit the URL in the posters to provide feedback on how your business is providing a COVID Safe environment.