How many people are allowed
Full details are provided in the physical distancing section of the COVID-19 Safety Plan.
|Caravan parks and camping grounds||Maximum capacity summary|
One person per 2 square metres and appropriate physical distancing in communal areas where people gather such as BBQ and kitchen facilities. In Greater Sydney, indoor areas must not exceed one attendee per 4 square metres.
Note: ‘Greater Sydney’ means Greater Sydney as defined by the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order (No 7) 2020.
|Guests of visitors and residents||Visitors staying at the grounds, and people residing in the grounds, may have guests in line with the number permitted under the legislation at that time.|
COVID-19 Safety Plans are mandatory
Under Public Health Orders all caravan parks and camping grounds must complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Complete the plan in consultation with staff, then share it with them.
Caravan parks and camping grounds should also consider the benefits of registering as COVID Safe.
Keep your plan up to date
You may need to update the plan in the future, as restrictions and advice changes.
You will need to have an up to date plan at your premises at all times and be able to show it to an authorised officer if requested.
Your COVID-19 Safety Plan
You can either:
- use the provided COVID-19 Safety Plan to address the checklist of matters for caravan parks and camping grounds
- keep using your existing plan, if you have one, after making sure it includes all the items in the provided COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Things to note:
- If you complete the plan online it will take 30 to 45 minutes and must be completed in one session.
- You may need to review current NSW Health guidance on the following areas before completing your plan:
- Also ensure COVID-19 Safety Plans are in place, where relevant, for:
Register as a COVID Safe business
If you've completed your COVID-19 Safety Plan, you can register as COVID Safe.