Electronic check-in is mandatory from Monday 23 November 2020
From Monday 23 November 2020, patron check-in at recreation facilities (major) must be completed using electronic methods such as a QR code.
The Service NSW COVID Safe Check-in is strongly recommended as a free, secure and convenient system, but any electronic method that meets the record keeping requirements can be used.
How many people are allowed
Full details are provided in the physical distancing section of the COVID-19 Safety Plan.
|Attendance at major recreation facilities||Maximum capacity summary|
|Ticketed event with each person assigned to a seat||Must not exceed 25% of seated capacity to a maximum of 10,000 people. Children count towards the capacity limit.|
|Non-ticketed event and each person is not assigned a seat||500 persons or one person per 4 square metres (whichever is the lesser).|
|Group seating||Seated groups should be separated by 1–2 empty seats on both sides.|
COVID-19 Safety Plans are mandatory
Under Public Health Orders all major recreation facilities, including stadiums and showgrounds must complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Complete the plan in consultation with staff, then share it with them.
These venues should also consider the benefits of registering as COVID Safe.
Keep your plan up to date
You may need to update the plan in the future, as restrictions and advice changes.
You will need to have an up to date plan at your premises at all times and be able to show it to an authorised officer if requested.
Your COVID-19 Safety Plan
You can either:
- use the provided COVID-19 Safety Plan to address the checklist of matters for major recreation facilities, including stadiums and showgrounds
- keep using your existing plan, if you have one, after making sure it includes all the items in the provided COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Things to note:
- If you complete the plan online it will take 30 to 45 minutes and must be completed in one session.
- You may need to review current NSW Health guidance on the following areas before completing your plan:
- Ensure COVID-19 Safety Plans are in place, where relevant, for:
Register as a COVID Safe business
If you've completed your COVID-19 Safety Plan, you can register your business as COVID Safe.
Last updated: 20 November 2020