Electronic check-in is mandatory
Patron check-in at information and education facilities (other than libraries) including properties operated by the National Trust or the Historic Houses Trust must be completed using electronic methods such as a QR code.
The Service NSW COVID Safe Check-in is strongly recommended as a free, secure and convenient system, but any electronic method that meets the record keeping requirements can be used.
How many people are allowed
Full details are provided in the physical distancing section of the COVID-19 Safety Plan.
|Activity at a museum or gallery||Maximum capacity summary|
Capacity must not exceed one visitor per 4 square metres of publicly accessible space in Greater Sydney and one per 2 square metres in other regions (excluding staff)
Children count towards the capacity limit.
Note: ‘Greater Sydney’ means Greater Sydney as defined by the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order (No 7) 2020.
COVID-19 Safety Plans are mandatory
Museums and galleries should also consider the benefits of registering as COVID Safe.
Complete the plan in consultation with staff, then share it with them.
Keep your plan up to date
You may need to update the plan in the future, as restrictions and advice changes.
You will need to have an up to date plan at your premises at all times and be able to show it to an authorised officer if requested.
Your COVID-19 Safety Plan
You can either:
- use the provided COVID-19 Safety Plan to address the checklist of matters for your museum or gallery
- keep using your existing plan, if you have one, after making sure it includes all the items in the provided COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Things to note:
- If you complete the plan online it will take 30 to 45 minutes and must be completed in one session.
- You may need to review current NSW Health guidance on the following areas before completing your plan:
- Also ensure COVID-19 Safety Plans are in place, where relevant, for:
Register as a COVID Safe business
If you've completed your COVID-19 Safety Plan, you can register as COVID Safe.