How many people are allowed
Full details are provided in the physical distancing section of the COVID-19 Safety Plan.
|Premises||Maximum capacity summary|
One customer per 4 square metres of publicly accessible space in indoor areas in Greater Sydney and one customer per 2 square metres in other regions.
Note: ‘Greater Sydney’ means Greater Sydney as defined by the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order (No 7) 2020.
COVID-19 Safety Plans are mandatory
Under Public Health Orders all non-food markets including artisan, clothing and craft markets, must complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Food markets such the Sydney Fish Market or Flemington Markets and their regional equivalents, which are predominantly engaged in the wholesale distribution and sale of food produce, are outside the scope of these requirements.
Non-food markets should also consider the benefits of registering as COVID Safe.
Complete the plan in consultation with staff, then share it with them.
Keep your plan up to date
You may need to update the plan in the future, as restrictions and advice changes.
You will need to have an up to date plan at your premises at all times and be able to show it to an authorised officer if requested.
Your COVID-19 Safety Plan
You can either:
- use the provided COVID-19 Safety Plan to address the checklist of matters for non-food markets including artisan, clothing and craft markets
- keep using your existing plan, if you have one, after making sure it includes all the items in the provided COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Things to note:
- If you complete the plan online it will take 30 to 45 minutes and must be completed in one session.
- You may need to review current NSW Health guidance on the following areas before completing your plan:
- Also ensure COVID-19 Safety Plans are in place, where relevant, for:
- restaurants and cafes (for kiosks or food service venues).
Register as a COVID Safe business
If you've completed your COVID-19 Safety Plan, you can register as COVID Safe.