NSW Health updated advice regarding music and singing
In accordance with advice from the Chief Health Officer, NSW Health recommends the following measures for music, singing and chanting.
- A small group of up to 5 people may sing together in a large well-ventilated (preferably outdoor) area if:
- all singers face forwards and not towards each other
- have physical distancing of 1.5 metres between each other and any other performers, and 5 metres from all other people including the audience and conductor.
- Players of non-reeded woodwind instruments (such as flutes and recorders) should maintain a physical distance of 3 metres from others in the direction of air flow, and 1.5 metres in all other directions.
- Players of all other instruments (including reeded woodwind instruments) should maintain a physical distance of 1.5 metres between each other and the audience/conductor.
How many people are allowed
Full details are provided in the physical distancing section of the COVID-19 Safety Plan.
|Event||Maximum capacity summary|
500 people or one person per 4 square metres of space, whichever is less.
COVID-19 Safety Plans are mandatory
Under Public Health Orders all gatherings for outdoor protests must have a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Complete the plan in consultation with your workers and volunteers, then share it with them.
You should also consider the benefits of registering as COVID Safe.
Keep your plan up to date
You may need to update the plan in the future, as restrictions and advice changes.
You will need to have an up to date plan at all times and be able to show it to an authorised officer if requested.
Your COVID-19 Safety Plan
You can either:
- use the provided COVID-19 Safety Plan to address the checklist of matters for outdoor protests
- keep using your existing plan, if you have one, after making sure it includes all the items in the provided COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Things to note:
- If you complete the plan online it will take 30 to 45 minutes and must be completed in one session.
- You may need to review current NSW Health guidance on the following areas before completing your plan:
Register as COVID Safe
If you've completed your COVID-19 Safety Plan, you can register as COVID Safe.
Last updated: 23 October 2020