Updated rules and restrictions for Greater Sydney
From 5pm Thursday 6 May 2021 until 12.01am Monday, 10 May 2021 the following rules and restrictions apply to the Greater Sydney region (including the Blue Mountains and the local government areas of Wollongong and the Central Coast):
- Masks are compulsory in indoor areas of retail premises or business premises that provide goods or services to members of the public, such as nail salons, and entertainment facilities including cinemas, theatres and concert halls. Masks are also compulsory indoors at places of worship and religious services. Masks do not have to be worn by staff who do not deal directly with members of the public. Masks must be worn unless there is a permitted reason not to wear a mask.
- Masks are not required in hospitality venues except for patrons in gaming areas and staff who deal directly with members of the public.
- Consumption of alcohol in hospitality venues, including nightclubs, is only permitted in indoor areas if the customer is seated.
- Dancing at hospitality venues, including nightclubs, is not permitted. Dancing is allowed at weddings but NSW Health recommends that there are no more than 20 persons dancing at one time.
- Singing in indoor areas is not permitted except by performers and, in the case of places of public worship, by an individual who is integral to the conduct of the religious service (this person does not have to wear a mask).
Events, businesses and organisations listed here should use the COVID-19 Safety Plan for significant events.
|Industry||COVID-19 Safety Plan|
|Events at your home with more than 100 people||Mandatory|
|Funerals and wakes||Mandatory|
|School formals and dances||Recommended|
|Weddings and receptions||Mandatory|
Your COVID-19 Safety Plan
Use the provided COVID-19 Safety Plan to address the checklist of matters
Things to note: