Thank you for your interest in being one of the first to trial Dine & Discover NSW. Your participation in the trial will assist the NSW Government to continue to support dining, arts and tourism businesses, like yours, which have been impacted by COVID-19.
Vouchers can only be used within businesses that have implemented a COVID-19 Safety Plan and are registered as COVID Safe. Safety practices remain the number one defence helping to stop the spread of COVID-19 in NSW.
Dine & Discover NSW vouchers will be divided into two categories:
- two $25 vouchers to be used for eating in at restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs and clubs from Monday to Thursday, excluding public holidays.
- two $25 vouchers to be used for entertainment and recreation, including cultural institutions, live music, and arts venues, available 7 days a week, excluding public holidays.
About the trial
Businesses in The Rocks will be invited to register their business to participate in the trial. The trial will initially commence in The Rocks and expand to Broken Hill and the Sydney CBD.
This will allow us to test participation and resolve any issues ahead of the full rollout across NSW.
How to register for the trial
To be part of the trial, you will need to:
- Check the eligibility requirements
- Click the Proceed to Register button below where you will then be directed to log in to or create your MyServiceNSW account and follow the prompts.
What happens next?
After your registration is submitted, you can track the progress of your application through the Business profile section of your MyServiceNSW Account. If you haven’t set one up, we will create one for you as part of the registration process.
You will receive an email notification if your registration is approved with instructions on how to get setup.
To be eligible for the scheme your business needs to:
- have an active ABN and be registered for GST
- operate in NSW in one of the eligible industries listed on the registration webpage
- be registered as COVID safe and have a COVID safety plan in place.
Your questions answered
There is no pre-registration process for businesses during the trial period. Eligible businesses will be contacted by Service NSW and invited to register.
Businesses will receive payment for the value of the vouchers accepted from customers. Trial businesses won’t be given extra compensation for taking part in the program.
No. You will not need to register your business again after the trial ends. You will remain in the program until it ends.
Businesses will be paid within 5 business days for the value of vouchers redeemed. Businesses can view voucher transactions and payment status in their Business Profile from 9 December 2020.
Businesses may only seek reimbursement of vouchers for which they have actually provided goods or services.
There is no cut-off date for registering as a trial business.
- Consider cycling and walking
- Plan your public transport trip ahead
- Register your Opal card to help NSW Health contact you quickly and easily if necessary
- If there's no dot, there's no spot on public transport
- If travelling via taxi or ride share, scan the QR Code for contactless check-in or make a booking with the taxi company. Sit in the back seat and have the windows open to promote air flow, where possible.