Under Public Health Orders, you must have a COVID-19 Safety Plan for how your business will keep your customers and workers safe.
You can either:
- use the COVID-19 Safety Plan: betting agencies (PDF, 187.25 KB).
- develop your own plan to address the checklist of matters required on this page.
Updating your plan
You may need to update the plan in the future, as restrictions and advice changes.
The plan available on this page will always be the most recent.
If you have registered as a COVID Safe business online and you update your safety plan, you do not need to register again.
Checklist of matters to be addressed in your COVID-19 Safety Plan
Exclude staff and customers who are unwell from the premises.
Make staff aware of their leave entitlements if they are sick or required to self-isolate.
Display conditions of entry (website, social media, venue entry).
Capacity must not exceed one customer per 4 square metres of space.
Where reasonably practical, ensure staff maintain 1.5 metres physical distancing at all times, including at meal breaks and in office or meeting rooms.
- Move or remove seating as required to comply with 1.5 metres of physical distance.
- Reduce crowding wherever possible and promote physical distancing with markers on the floor where people are asked to queue.
- Use telephone or video for essential meetings where practical.
- Where reasonably practical, stagger start times and breaks for staff members to minimise the risk of close contact.
- Review regular deliveries and request contactless delivery and invoicing where practical.
- Have strategies in place to manage gatherings that may occur immediately outside the premises.
Adopt good hand hygiene practices.
Ensure bathrooms are well stocked with hand soap and paper towels and hand dryers.
Clean areas frequented by staff or customers at least daily with detergent/disinfectant. Clean frequently touched areas and surfaces several times per day with a detergent or disinfectant solution or wipe.
Disinfectant solutions need to be maintained at an appropriate strength and used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
Staff are to wear gloves when cleaning and wash hands thoroughly before and after with soap and water.
Encourage contactless payment options.
Where reasonably practical, remove any papers and pens/pencils from communal areas.
Become a COVID Safe business
Download your COVID-19 Safety plan
Download, print and complete the COVID-19 Safety Plan: betting agencies (PDF, 187.25 KB) for your venue.
Register as a COVID Safe business
If you've completed and downloaded your COVID-19 Safety Plan, you can register your business as COVID Safe.
Last updated: 30 June 2020