Having a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place will help to protect your staff and customers.
You can either:
- use the COVID-19 Safety Plan: transport, freight and logistics (PDF, 202.16 KB)
- develop your own plan to address the checklist of recommended actions on this page.
Updating your plan
You may need to update the plan in the future, as restrictions and advice changes.
The plan available on this page will always be the most recent.
If you have registered as a COVID Safe business online and you update your safety plan, you do not need to register again.
Suggested checklist for your COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Exclude staff who are unwell from conducting transport, freight and logistic operations.
- Provide staff with information and training on COVID-19, including when to get tested, physical distancing and cleaning.
- Make staff aware of their leave entitlements if they are sick or required to self-isolate.
- Have a protocol in place for when a staff member becomes unwell whilst working.
- Freight operators are not permitted to carry passengers, other than alternate drivers, returning crew and/or staff.
- Reduce contact with other people wherever possible while working. Implement contactless pick-up and delivery wherever possible.
- Take steps to ensure drivers maintain physical distancing from other workers at pick-up or delivery sites where practical, including at meal breaks, and that they do not share cigarettes, lighters or vapes.
- Instruct drivers that they should only leave their vehicle while in NSW or Victoria for petrol fuel or other essential goods (including food), in an emergency, at the direction of a law enforcement officer, or for a rest stop/fatigue break (including overnight rest stop and for meals where required).
Adopt good hand hygiene practices. Ensure drivers and crew have hand sanitiser available.
Employ extra cleaning practices at the end of each shift, as part of good hygiene practice, including using a detergent/disinfectant solution to clean down any hard surfaces including seats, door handles and window controls, seatbelts and buckles.
Maintain disinfectant solutions at an appropriate strength and use in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions.
- Keep a record or log of all stops, including work or rest stops, for at least 28 days.
- Employers should make staff aware of the COVIDSafe app and the benefits of the app to support contact tracing if required.
- Cooperate with NSW Health if contacted in relation to a positive case of COVID-19 at your workplace, and notify SafeWork NSW on 13 10 50.
Become a COVID Safe business
Download your COVID-19 Safety plan
Download, print and complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan: transport, freight and logistics (PDF, 202.16 KB) for your business.
Register as a COVID Safe business
If you've completed and downloaded your COVID-19 Safety Plan, you can register your business as COVID Safe.
Last updated: 9 July 2020