On this page
Staying active and looking after yourself
While you’re in quarantine, it’s important to look after your health and wellbeing. Try to keep active. If possible, make it part of your routine. Below are links to exercises that you can do in a hotel room.
It is normal to not feel right all the time during mandatory hotel quarantine. It’s understandable to feel sad, distressed, worried, confused, or anxious.
These are difficult and challenging times. Everyone will respond differently, some may find it harder than others. It’s important to look after your mental health, as well as your physical health.
It’s okay to reach out. Many people find that having a conversation with a support person can really help.
The onsite team of nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to support you, if you begin to worry about your physical or mental wellbeing or have any specific health needs.
View the list of helpful services you can reach out to, websites and apps you can use to look after your wellbeing. Both when in hotel quarantine and afterwards.
- Get ready for quarantine
- Your mental health
- Beyond Blue Mental Health Tips
- Australian Psychological Society — Tips for coping with coronavirus anxiety
- Headspace — How to cope with stress related to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Black Dog Institute — Coronavirus anxiety resources
- Head to Health: find digital mental health resources from trusted service providers
- Online book club Clarence Regional Library
Connect and share your experiences and exchange support messages on the Beyond Blue coping during the Coronavirus outbreak online forum.
Activities for family members
Keeping your children occupied in quarantine can be challenging.
Here are some useful websites with activities to help you and your family cope with the change to your normal routine.
- Smiling Mind is a mindfulness app developed by psychologists and educators for children and their parents to help bring balance to your life.
- Kids Helpline: Social media and mental health
- The BRAVE Program is an interactive, online program for the prevention and treatment of childhood and adolescent anxiety.
- ReachOut for young people