For employers and business owners
COVID-19 Safety Plans
Show your commitment to keeping our community safe. Complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan and register as a COVID Safe business.
Working from home guidance for employers
Workplace health and safety laws apply if your employees are working from home.
For employees and workers
How to stay COVID Safe at work
Employees have an important role to play in keeping workplaces COVID safe.
Working from home guidance for workers
Information and checklists to help you set up a safe work environment at home.
All NSW businesses and workers need to:
- Comply with national and state public health orders
- Promote simple but effective physical distancing and hygiene measures
- Raise any concerns about the risk of contracting COVID-19 immediately and work together to identify solutions.
- Monitor the extent of COVID-19 in your community and share advice from state and federal authorities regularly.
SafeWork Australia guiding principles
Safe Work Australia has established 10 guiding principles (PDF, 25.84 KB) to help businesses and workers maintain safe working environments through the next phase of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Supporting injured workers
The State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) is offering financial support, programs and advice to help get injured workers back into employment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Financial support for employers
- The Support4work grant offers $4,000 to help a small business manage the recovery at work of an injured person while the business recovers from the economic impacts of COVID-19.
- The JobCover6 program offers financial incentive to employers who provide short-term work opportunities to help injured workers who are looking to gain new employment during the COVID-19 crisis.
- The Connect2work program offers financial support to employers who provide work placements to assist workers who are unable to recover at their pre-injury workplace or are looking to gain new work skills during the COVID-19 crisis.
Tools, programs and advice
- The Recover at Work Assist program for small business continues to help employers overcome financial hardship when providing suitable work to help their worker recover at work.
- The SIRA COVID-19 hub includes a Small Business Assist tool that assists employers navigate their workers compensation obligations during and beyond the COVID-19 crisis.
- SIRA provides a COVID-19 hub for injured workers and road users.
Speak Up Save Lives
Workplace safety is everyone’s responsibility.
If you see something unsafe in your workplace, SafeWork NSW wants you to speak up and tell your boss. This app lets you report an unsafe work situation and it gives you the choice to remain anonymous. You can tag your location, include photos, and choose to be kept updated on the issue you’ve reported.
Last updated: 21 July 2020