COVID-19 support for students, apprentices and trainees
Information about support for COVID-19 for those attending universities, TAFE, colleges and registered training organisations in NSW.
COVID-19 health hub for international students
Study NSW and the Australian international education sector are working to support the health, wellbeing, and academic success of international students.
- Read the COVID-19 help hub for international students
Vaccination is a priority for everyone studying and training in NSW
Everyone 12 and over in Australia can get a free COVID-19 vaccine.
From 2022, vaccinations are available for children aged 5 to 11.
Both doses of vaccine are free for everyone in Australia – and you don’t need a Medicare card.
Book your vaccination or booster today.
If you work or train in education, aged care, transport, quarantine, childcare or disability support there are requirements for vaccination.
International students that have been impacted by COVID-19 should first contact their education institution, but there are other service providers that can help as well. These include local and national non-government organisations and community services.
Support and service providers for students
- Study NSW COVID-19 Help Hub for International Students
- International student services at Service NSW
- Foreign embassies and-consulates in Australia
- Australian embassies and consulates overseas
- If you have been impacted by COVID-19 the Australian Government has provided a dedicated email and hotline for international students - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 981 621 (8am to 8pm AEDST Monday to Friday - calls within Australia only).
- International students can subscribe to the Study NSW mailing list for updates.
- Visas and travel
- Charities and non-government organisations
- Legal Advice
- Advice for international students in school years 11 and 12.
Apprenticeships and traineeships
Advice for apprentices and trainees
For apprentices and trainees affected by COVID-19, including loss of employment and income, support is available through Training Services NSW.
You can also find out more about COVID-19 support for workers.
Advice for employers of apprentices or trainees
Training Services NSW can help organisations that employ apprentices and trainees, including advice about financial assistance and managing changes to business operations.
Advice for Registered Training Organisations with apprentices or trainees
Training Services NSW can provide comprehensive support and information to Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) who have a NSW Government Smart and Skilled contract.
Training Services NSW can offer advice about training plans, delivery mode changes, Targeted Priorities Pre-Vocational Part Qualifications (TPPPQ), cap management, apprentices and trainees, school based apprentices and trainees, financial hardship and staffing changes.
TAFE fee-free online short courses
TAFE NSW is offering fee-free online short courses available to anyone wanting to upskill.
You can learn administration, digital, health, leadership or business skills through a TAFE short course.