Project Remediate is a 3-year program to remediate combustible cladding on high-risk, residential apartment buildings.
Owners corporations that join Project Remediate must agree to:
- The interest free loan
- The arrangements for building assessment/investigation, design, remediation, and a superintendent and assurance consultant.
To apply for a Project Remediate interest-free loan, your building must be:
- a residential apartment building (Class 2) in NSW. This includes multi-use buildings, for example part commercial/part residential
- confirmed by the Cladding Taskforce to have a high-risk combustible cladding façade that requires remediation.
- You need to be a nominated representative authorised by your owners corporation
- Details of the building including the address and strata plan number
- Any information on the building’s cladding, and steps taken by the owners corporation
The following points are a summary of the steps in the application process:
- An authorised representative of the owners corporation registers their interest in Project Remediate (one registration per owners corporation).
- The Office of Project Remediate validates the eligibility of the building/development.
- If eligible, the building is assessed. Existing designs and reports are reviewed and any necessary inspection, testing, scoping and development of remediation proposals will be carried out by contractors and designers engaged by government.
- The managing contractor will propose options for remediation and indicative costs for the owners corporation’s consideration.
- The owners corporation selects a preferred option which is then further designed and costed as a lump sum quote.
- The managing contractor works with the owners corporation to confirm that the design satisfies the planning approval and/or fire safety orders that have been received from the consent authority (usually the local council).
- Loan agreement and contract is entered into by the owners corporation.
- Remediation contractor, superintendent and an assurance consultant are appointed.
- Work is scheduled to commence.