Who we are
The Regional Delivery team develops and implements place-based initiatives to improve social and economic conditions in regional NSW, with a particular focus on housing supply and aboriginal outcomes.
What we do
The Regional Delivery team delivers programs that focus on significant regional economic and social issues. The team’s work is tailored to suit each region’s unique needs and situations and deliver practical solutions to achieve positive results. Specifically, the team are focussed on delivering innovative and community-informed housing solutions and Aboriginal outcomes.
The Regional Housing Supply Unit generates housing solutions for regional NSW. The team provides expert advisory, planning, and strategic policy delivery services.
The team takes a place-based approach to planning and policy development and delivery. Some of its key focuses include:
- developing place-based responses to housing pressures
- advocating for a regional focus across government
- designing and delivering a range of programs and initiatives
- providing policy advice on regional housing issues across government.
Key areas of work in 2022 include:
- Regional Housing Taskforce – supporting the delivery of 127,000 new regional homes over the next 10 years
- unlocking government land to increase housing supply
- Key Worker Housing – supporting the delivery of about 270 additional houses for NSW teachers and police over four years
- Regional Delivery Plans – developing a suite of place-based plans to identify constraints and barriers for new housing supply while providing concrete actions to facilitate downward pressure on housing markets.
The Aboriginal Outcomes team’s vision is to provide better outcomes for Aboriginal people, communities and businesses across regional NSW.
Key enablers of this vision are the following inaugural documents:
- Aboriginal Outcomes Strategy 2022-2025 (PDF 5.14MB)
- Aboriginal Employment Strategy, Outcome and Business Plan
- Aboriginal Procurement Participation Commitment
The Aboriginal Outcomes Strategy details how Aboriginal people and communities will be supported by the Department of Regional NSW.
The strategy is part of the department’s commitment to make regional NSW an even better place to live, work, play and invest for Aboriginal people, communities and businesses.
A key priority of the Department is to ensure Aboriginal inclusion is featured throughout the organisation’s activities and to enable each business unit to deliver on the actions of the Aboriginal Outcomes Strategy.
A core outcome of this strategy is to make the Department of Regional NSW an employer of choice for Aboriginal people. This will be achieved by:
- growing Aboriginal cultural knowledge and understanding within the Department,
- building Aboriginal cultural knowledge and understanding into the organisation’s processes and practices.