Renewing or replacing your licence

Everything you need to know about renewing or replacing your NSW driver or rider licence.

Renew or upgrade your licence

If you meet certain eligibility criteria, you can renew or upgrade your NSW driver licence online.

Replace your licence

If your NSW driver licence card has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you can order a replacement online.

Update your contact details

If you've recently moved or changed your address, you need to update your contact details within 14 days.

How to renew your licence

If your driver or rider licence is expiring, you can renew it online or in person at a service centre.

Replacing a lost licence

Has your licence card been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed? You can apply for a replacement card online or at a service centre.

Early or late renewal

You can renew your licence up to 6 months before or after it expires – but you must not drive on an expired licence.

Safe driver discount

You may be eligible for a 50% discount on your licence renewal under the Fair Go for Safe Drivers Scheme.

Moving your overseas licence to NSW

Moving to NSW with an overseas licence? You’ll need to get a NSW licence within 3 months to continue driving or riding.

Renewing or replacing from interstate or overseas

If you’re temporarily out of NSW and need to renew or replace your licence, you can apply for your new licence by mail.

Learners, P1s and P2s

Is your learner or provisional licence expiring? If you're not ready to progress to the next licence stage, here's how to renew your licence.

Apply for a 10-year licence

If you're between age 21 and 44, you may be able to get a 10-year car or rider licence.

Contact Transport for NSW

More options to contact us
Phone:13 22 13
Monday to Friday : 7:00am -7:00pm
Top of page