The aim of the $170 million NSW Drought Stimulus Package is to boost local economies and create local jobs. The 52 projects and other initiatives funded under this program are keeping money flowing and people working in local towns and villages. Through this package tradespeople, suppliers and project workers are receiving new work and spending money in local businesses such as cafes, retail stores and with service providers.
The package has provided:
- $84.5m for 25 fast-tracked infrastructure projects
- $36.2 million for 4 critical town water projects
- $24.9m for 7 government priority projects
- $15.9 million for 16 local drought support packages
- $8.5 million for local stimulus initiatives including $500,000 for country show sponsorships.
Drought Stimulus Package project success stories
Subscribe to receive updates on the Drought Stimulus Package.