The new CCAFL Stage 6 Continuers and CCAFL in Context Languages syllabuses are now available on the NESA website:
The CCAFL Stage 6 Continuers and CCAFL in Context Languages syllabuses (2023) are to be taught from 2024.
- Plan and prepare to teach the new syllabus
2024 Term 1
- Start teaching new syllabus for Year 11
- Start implementing new Year 11 school-based assessment requirements
- Continue to teach the CCAFL Stage 6 syllabuses (2012) for Year 12
2024 Term 4
- Start teaching new syllabus for Year 12
- Start implementing new Year 12 school-based assessment requirements
- First HSC examination for new syllabuses
- are informed by latest research and reflect a modern approach to language learning
- provide challenges and opportunities through learning and using new language
- emphasise effective communication and intercultural competencies
- align with and extend prior learning, so that students are able to share personal, community and global perspectives through language
- explore contemporary themes that encourage curiosity and interest and prepare students for a diverse and globalised world.
Schools have access to a range of materials, including sample assessment schedules, on the NESA website to support implementation.