The Smart and Skilled application portal
Applications for Smart and Skilled in 2023-24 are now closed.
Training Services NSW will assess applications to determine Smart and Skilled contract offers. Training Services NSW is unable to provide updates on the progress of assessments of individual applications.
Each RTO will be advised of the outcome of their application in late April 2023.
Thank you for your interest in Smart and Skilled.
How to login to the Smart and Skilled application portal
The Smart and Skilled application portal uses the Australian Government Digital Identity System to verify users. Digital Identity is a safe, secure, and convenient way to prove who you are online.
To access the Smart and Skilled application portal, you will need a Digital Identity, such as myGovID, with at least a Standard identity strength. You will also need to link your Digital Identity to your organisation using Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM). When you are logged in, you will only be able to see the information relevant to your organisation.
How to create your Digital Identity
myGovID is the Australian Government’s Digital Identity app. Set up your myGovID in three easy steps. Download the myGovID app, enter your details and choose your identity strength. For help setting up your myGovID, visit how to set up.
How to link your Digital Identity to your organisation using RAM
Once you have your Digital Identity, such as myGovID, you need to link it to an organisation using Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM). This will allow you to act on behalf of the organisation in the Smart and Skilled application portal.
How you link your identity depends on whether you are a:
- principal authority - person responsible for the organisation. The principal authority needs to link to the organisation in RAM first. Once linked, they can authorise others to access the Portal on behalf of the organisation.
- authorised user or administrator - someone who acts on behalf of the organisation. A principal authority or authorisation administrator needs to authorise other users before they can access the Portal.
Find out how to manage authorisations by visiting the RAM Principal Authority page or the RAM Authorised Users and Administrators page.
- Visit the Smart and Skilled application page
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Read the Smart and Skilled application terms and conditions
- Read the Smart and Skilled contract operating guidelines
- Read the Smart and Skilled contract 2023-24
- Become acquainted with the NSW Market Assessment
- Stay updated on the Market Management policy
- Check the NSW RTO Classification List
Any remaining questions
If you have reviewed:
- the Smart and Skilled provider application page
- the Smart and Skilled FAQ page
- the Smart and Skilled application portal page
- the user guides and other supporting documentation provided
and still have outstanding questions, concerns or a complaint, please send a detailed email to SmartandSkilled.Application@det.nsw.edu.au.