Apply for a NSW Government IT Traineeship
This innovative information technology training program for trainees combines a formal qualification with paid work at a NSW Government agency. It supports career pathways and upskills young people into a well-paid industry which is experiencing skill shortages.
About the traineeship
The NSW Government’s IT Traineeship is perfect for Year 12 school leavers interested in developing professional skills in the Information Technology industry, as well as having the potential to make a difference to communities across NSW.
The NSW Government has designed a 2-year traineeship in the Information Technology sector to provide paid training opportunities for Year 12 school leavers in Australia.
This new traineeship is a collaboration between NSW Government agencies and Training Services NSW. It includes accredited and non-accredited training delivered through TAFE NSW and the NSW Government’s new Institute for Applied Technology (IAT).
Trainees work full-time at a NSW Government agency. They undertake formal training for up to one day per week within work hours and complete a Cert III in Information Technology or Cert IV in Information Technology (Programming, Networking, General) or Cert IV in Cyber Security. They are employed by a Group Training Organisation that is responsible for recruiting and supporting the trainees to complete their qualification.
Trainees will be selected both from regional and metro areas.
Information Technology is an exciting career path with jobs that are diverse and flexible.
Some great reasons to apply for this traineeship:
- Information Technology is a booming career path that offers a wide range of job opportunities to boost your career experience.
- Two years full-time paid work, while studying 1 day per week
- Gain invaluable experience working at a NSW Government agency
- Gain industry relevant vendor specific training
- Obtain a Nationally recognised Cert III or Cert IV qualification from a registered training organisation such as TAFE NSW
- Your qualification is fee free
- Support and mentoring services
How to apply
Applications for the 2023 Information Technology Traineeships are now open but places are limited. Submit an expression of interest application below.
Find out more
- HVTC expression of interest form
- Contact Hunter Valley Training Company at email@example.com
- Download the IT Traineeship factsheet
- For more information or questions on the program, please contact the Program Manager at ICT.Traineeships.TSNSW@det.nsw.edu.au or call Training Services NSW on 13 28 11