Dealing with finances
Find advice to help keep your finances in order during your career change.
In between careers
Switching careers may not happen overnight. There may be a period of time between careers, or at the beginning of a new career, where your income is reduced or non-existent.
In this situation, you may want to consider:
- putting a budget together
- getting help from a financial adviser.
Budgeting and bills
Budgeting is a practical way to see where you spend your money, and can help to:
- get a clearer picture of your overall financial position, which can make you feel more in control
- prepare you for unexpected expenses
- spot areas where you can cut back spending and save money
ASICs' Moneysmart website has tips and guidance to help you when:
- paying council rates, bills and fines
- planning and making a budget.
Learn more about how to track your spending and budgeting at Moneysmart.