Courses for first time job seekers
Gain practical skills and experience quickly across a huge range of subjects and industries.
TAFE NSW is Australia's largest vocational education and training provider. They offer hundreds of courses and qualifications from certificates to diploma and advanced diploma level.
Pathways to university, where no ATAR is required, are also available. Subjects range across multiple industries, including, but not limited to:
- Business, Finance and Leadership
- Information and Communication Technology
- Building, Construction and Property
- Automotive trades and services
- Agriculture and Environmental Studies
- Community Services and many more.
In addition to its regular courses, there's:
- TAFE Digital - flexible online learning, on your terms; over 250 up-to-the-minute courses across certificates, diplomas and advanced diplomas
- JobTrainer, which provides school leavers and first-time job seekers with low cost and some fee-free courses; eligibility criteria may apply
- Short courses where you can be upskilled in days or weeks, offering practical skills and experiences across all industries.
University short courses
Open Universities Australia (OUA) is a partnership between many Australian universities. They offer a wide range of single subject units of study that do not have entry level requirements.
- arts and humanities
- business, education and health
- information technology
- law and justice
- science and engineering.
Many of these short course single subjects can be completed in weeks, which allows you to:
- expand your existing knowledge base
- upskill to boost your chances of getting a new job
- earn credits towards a degree
- consider a possible career change.
Learn more about single-subject study and online short courses at Open Universities Australia.