Training for first time job seekers
Gain hands-on experience while you study with an apprenticeship, traineeship or vocational education and training.
Apprenticeships and traineeships
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based experience with an employer and formal instruction from a training provider.
On completion, you gain a recognised qualification while earning money. This mixture of learn while you earn is:
- one of the best ways to get on-the-job training and qualifications
- highly regarded by business and industry
- government regulated with many offering fee subsidies.
Each combines on-the-job training with formal study to provide contemporary skills and experience that employers are looking for.
Learn more about apprenticeships and traineeships at Training Services NSW.
Vocational Education and Training (VET)
VET partners with industry and government to provide people with workplace skills and technical knowledge to advance or change their careers.
It is an effective pathway to around 500 occupations.
With an emphasis on hands-on experience, courses concentrate on those occupational skills and competencies that are in high demand.
Vocational Education and Training also covers occupations predicted to have high jobs growth over the next few years. These include:
- carers for children, the aged and disabled
- software and application programmers
- hospitality workers
- advertising, public relations and sales.
VET qualifications range from:
- Certificate I, II, III and IV
- diploma courses
- advanced diploma courses.