Looking for your first job
Learn how to search for jobs, improve your resume, and perform well in an interview.
After years of school or university, there comes a time to enter the workforce and start your career. Or at the very least, gain experience in the job or industry you're interested in pursuing.
This in itself can be a full-time job. Some of the tasks you'll have to do include:
- finding out where jobs are advertised
- polishing up that resume or CV
- practicing interviewing techniques.
But being employed is not just about full-time work. For people just starting out in the adult workforce, employment can take many forms, including:
- part time then going fixed term or full time
- combining several casual jobs
- an internship or graduate program
- short term options like daily or weekly jobs, as an in between measure until a more regular or permanent position comes along
- temping, contracting or volunteering.