Safety in the workplace
Learn more about work health and safety laws, your rights and obligations, and what's expected of employers.
Work health and safety laws apply to every worker in Australia, including permanent residents and temporary visa holders. Those are rights to:
- appropriate safety equipment
- say no to unsafe work
- a fair and just workplace
- induction and ongoing access to information, training and supervision.
As an employee, you also have an obligation to protect the health and safety of others at work. It’s important that you:
- ask if you are not sure how to safely perform a task
- follow instructions and work safely
- report unsafe and unhealthy situations and injuries to your immediate supervisor.
Learn more about your basic workplace health and safety rights at SafeWork NSW.