Tech Central Scaleup Hub opens its doors
Sydney’s Tech Central has further cemented itself as the country’s premier technology innovation district with the official opening today of a new scaleup hub on Pitt Street.
Minister for Enterprise, Investment and Trade Alister Henskens said the Tech Central Scaleup Hub, run by Stone & Chalk, is designed to help Australian technology scaleups and startups grow, create jobs and attract world-leading companies to NSW.
“The Scaleup Hub is right in the heart of Sydney’s Tech Central District and is at the forefront of the NSW Government’s strategy to attract investment, accelerate growth and ensure the jobs of the future are created here in NSW,” Mr Henskens said.
“Set across six levels and 8,000 square metres of open and flexible space, the hub will help draw companies to Sydney and continue our push to make Sydney the major technology hub of the Asia Pacific.”
Stone & Chalk CEO Michael Bromley said several innovative tech companies working in advanced manufacturing, Fintech and education are already in place and working from the hub, with opportunities for more to join.
“This is Stone & Chalk's second hub in Sydney and builds on our mission to help transform NSW into a sustainable technology-driven economy,” Mr Bromley said.
“We are calling on cutting-edge companies looking to expand and grow to set up in the scaleup hub and take advantage of all the exciting opportunities that Tech Central has to offer.”
Country manager of new resident 3D printing company Nano Dimension, Omer Tangi, said the hub’s proximity to leading industry experts and institutions such as the University of Technology was a major drawcard.
“As an international scaleup this is our first location in Australia and we are excited to be around other innovative scaleups as we use advanced 3D printing technologies to reshape and redefine the future of electronics production,” Mr Tangi said.
“Proximity to world-class universities such as UNSW and UTS plus other Tech Central residents including Atlassian, Commonwealth Bank and Cicada Innovations is great for our growing company.”
The new Scaleup Hub will support the NSW Government’s target of bringing 25,000 future-focused innovation jobs to NSW.
For more information, visit Tech Central Scaleup Hub.
The first residents of the Tech Central Scaleup Hub include:
- Abyss Solutions: An advanced manufacturing company specialising in mechatronics utilising next-generation field robotics.
- Amfin: A Fintech specialising in asset finance, cash flow, asset sourcing and insurance needs.
- CMSPI: A Fintech company specialising in payments and anti-fraud tech.
- Downsizer: A property company allowing anyone with sufficient equity in their current home to purchase a new dwelling with zero cash deposit.
- Education Perfect: An Edtech company specialising in a digital toolkit for teaching.
- Instant: A Fintech company specialising in instantaneous payments infrastructure and purchasing experience for the internet.
- Lumiant: A Fintech cloud-based client experience platform company.
- Longtail UX: An Adtech company that helps drive traffic to e-commerce vendors.
- Murawin: An Indigenous consultancy creating impact by amplifying initiatives that contribute to improved futures for Indigenous Australians.
- Nano Dimension: An advanced manufacturing company providing machines for the fabrication of Additively Manufactured Electronics (AME).
- Nudge Group: A recruitment company specialising in startups and scaleups from pre-seed to Series A, all the way to IPO.
- OpenSparkz: A Fintech company specialising in creating a platform that can power any rewards or offers program without the need for separate loyalty cards, offer codes or coupons.
- Pax Technology: A Fintech global provider of electronic payment solutions.
- Pendo: A software company aimed at helping startups with product adoption and engagement tools.
- Swoop Funding: A Fintech platform connecting businesses with financing via grants, debt and equity.
- Vertex: A cybersecurity company specialising in end-to-end cyber security capability across technology and security services.