When you are pregnant
Information and resources for expectant parents so you know what to expect during the different stages of pregnancy and during childbirth.
What to expect during pregnancy
Being pregnant can be exciting, but it may also seem overwhelming at times.
Your body and hormones are changing. During this time, you’ll also need to make a lot of decisions about your pregnancy and birth care options.
Learn more about having a baby and what to expect in pregnancy with:
- Having a Baby booklet– a resource from NSW Health, available in English and 20 other languages
- Strong Women Strong Babies pregnancy diary– a resource from NSW Health for Aboriginal women
- Pregnancy, Birth and Baby website– information if you’re pregnant with more than one baby
- Raising Children website – information for expectant dads.
Within this guide you can find information on:
- looking after your physical health during pregnancy
- looking after your mental wellbeing during pregnancy
- getting medical care during your pregnancy
- what to expect during labour.
You may also need information and support if: