There are vaccinations requirements for children enrolling in early childhood education and childcare.
Your child can only be enrolled in early childhood education and care if you provide approved documentation that shows they:
- are up to date with their vaccinations
- have a medical reason not to be up to date
- are on a recognised catch-up schedule.
Some family assistance payments, such as the Child Care Subsidy, may also be affected.
Approved documentation to prove your child's immunisation includes a current:
- immunisation history statement that shows your child is up to date or has a medical reason for not being fully up to date
- immunisation history form that shows your child is on a recognised catch-up schedule.
Both of these documents are from the Australian Immunisation Register.
If you’re unsure if your child is up to date with their vaccinations, you can request an immunisation history statement.
Your child will be on the register if they’re enrolled in Medicare.
Find out more about vaccination requirements and early childhood education and care at NSW Health.