COVID-19 Safety Plan
Funerals, memorial services and wakes
Effective 22 October 2020
How to complete the COVID-19 Safety Plan
Record the action/s you will put in place under all the Safety Plan sections:
- wellbeing of staff and customers
- physical distancing
- hygiene and cleaning
- record keeping.
Each requirement must be addressed in each section. If a requirement does not apply to your premises, briefly describe why.
Once you complete the COVID-19 Safety Plan, a confirmation email will be sent to you with a copy of your plan attached as a PDF.
To complete the COVID-19 Safety Plan offline, print a blank copy of the form using the print button.
Remember to keep a copy of your COVID-19 Safety Plan on your premises at all times.
NSW Health updated advice regarding music at funerals, memorial services and wakes
In accordance with advice from the Chief Health Officer, NSW Health recommends:
- A small group of up to 5 people may sing together in a large well-ventilated (preferably outdoor) area if all singers face forwards and not towards each other, have physical distancing of 1.5 metres between each other and any other performers and 5 metres from all other people including the audience an conductor.
- Players of non-reeded woodwind instruments (such as flutes and recorders) should maintain a physical distance of 3 metres from others in the direction of air flow, and 1.5 metres in all other directions.
- Players of all other instruments (including reeded woodwind instruments) should maintain a physical distance of 1.5 metres between each other and the audience/conductor.
- Ensembles and other musical groups should rehearse and perform outdoors or in large, well-ventilated indoor spaces.