NSW Government Allocation Projects
Up to $3 billion in WestInvest funding has been allocated towards NSW Government agencies to deliver transformational and community infrastructure for Western Sydney. Projects announced include:
$478.2 million to upgrade nine public schools across Western Sydney. The program of works will renew existing schools and provide additional teaching spaces to improve outcomes and experiences for students:
- Austral Public School;
- Condell Park High School;
- Leppington Public School;
- Parramatta East Public School;
- Riverbank Public School (Stage 3);
- Rouse Hill High School;
- Schofields Public School;
- Sir Joseph Banks High School; and
- Telopea Public School.
- A new primary school and selective high school that will form the Westmead Education Campus.
- $285 million for planning and early works to widen to six lanes on a 2.2 kilometre section between the M7 Motorway and Townson Road and to build a new off-ramp bridge to connect Richmond Road to Westlink M7.
- $243 million for Integrated Community Health Hubs in Liverpool and Glenfield.
- $203.7 million for the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan Master Plan to create a new lakes picnic precinct, build biodome greenhouses and establish one of the world’s leading and most sustainable scientific gardens.
- $200 million for safety improvements on Elizabeth Dr at critical sections between Devonshire Rd and Western Road, Kemps Creek.
- $130 million to improve cooling in 84 public schools across Western Sydney.
- $111 million for the construction of a five-storey building in Parramatta, which will include dance and music studios, a homework hub, indoor gyms and multi-sports courts. The PCYC NSW will be the anchor tenant in the new building.
- $100 million to construct the Pitt Town bypass which has been identified as a crucial project following recent flooding events in the Hawkesbury-Nepean valley.
- $100 million to enable the upgrade of a 3.4 kilometre section of Garfield Road East between Piccadilly Street, Riverstone and Windsor Road, Box Hill.
- $100 million to widen to four lanes a section of Richmond Rd between Elara Boulevard and Heritage Road at Marsden Park.
- $85.6 million to upgrade Salt Pan Creek Reserve within Canterbury-Bankstown to strengthen the Salt Pan Creek Open Space Corridor and provide amenities for the local community.
- $65 million to transform the Fernhill Estate in Mulgoa into a 423 hectare public park.
- $15 million to collaborate with key stakeholders to progress the development of the Penrith Lakes precinct as a key tourism, recreation and sporting destination.