What’s this about?
The Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) is seeking feedback on recommended changes to the reliability standards. This will apply from Monday 1 July 2024.
The review will look at the three distributors: Ausgrid, Endeavour Energy and Essential Energy.
Key recommendations include:
- removing network overall reliability standards that are duplicated
- updating individual feeder standards and direct connection standards
- replacing customer standards with guaranteed service levels (GSLs) and payments
- introducing distributed energy resources (DER) reporting standards
- introducing standalone power systems (SAPS) standards for distributor-led SAPS
- streamlining the distributors’ reporting and auditing requirements.
IPART will provide its final report on the standards to the NSW Government in December 2020.
Virtual public hearing
A virtual public hearing on the draft report will be held from 2pm to 4pm on Monday 16 November 2020. Register to attend.
Have your say
There are two ways you can provide feedback.
Have your say by Friday 20 November.