What’s this about?
The Greyhound Racing Act 2017 has resulted in significant changes in the greyhound racing industry.
- higher standards for greyhound welfare
- introduction of the Greyhound Welfare and Integrity Commission
- enhanced registration of greyhounds, clubs, trial tracks and participants
- strengthened offences, penalties and disciplinary powers.
This review is to ensure the Act is appropriate to uphold high standards of animal welfare and supports the economic sustainability of the greyhound racing industry and governing bodies.
The review is mandatory under the Act. It does not include consideration of a greyhound racing ban.
Have your say
You can complete:
- a short survey (5 minutes)
- a detailed survey (20 minutes) – please read the discussion paper for more details about the Act and the regulation of greyhound racing before you complete this survey.
You can also attend a virtual information session for the public to learn more about the review and ask questions to help you submit your feedback via the surveys.
All submissions will be used to compile and publish a summary report on the feedback received.
Have your say by Wednesday 26 August 2020.