What’s this about?
The Australian and NSW Governments are investing $100 million to upgrade the intersection of Homebush Bay Drive, Australia Avenue and Underwood Road to ease congestion, increase safety, and improve travel times and connectivity to Homebush, Sydney Olympic Park and surrounds for all road users.
TfNSW's preferred option for the upgrade comprises a signalised intersection, configured as a diverging diamond interchange. This innovative intersection arrangement performs best overall when compared with the other options.
Key benefits of this option include:
- Improved connectivity to Sydney Olympic Park residential, recreational and commercial growth areas.
- Improved traffic flow and performance at the intersection.
- Improved travel time savings for all road users, particularly during peak traffic times, and during special events at Sydney Olympic Park.
- Improved travel times and service reliability for 525 and 526 bus routes users.
- Improved safety for all road users at the intersection and approaches.
- Safer and more efficient travel for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Reduced vehicle operating costs for all road users.
- Improved environmental and visual amenity.
Have your say
Have your say by Sunday 29 May 2022.
There are two ways to submit your feedback, listed below.