What’s this about?
The NSW Government will establish an ICT and Digital Sovereign Procurement Taskforce to help develop strategies and policies.
The taskforce will support:
- enabling increased number of government supply opportunities targeting small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and the potential for increased spend on SMEs. This will include indigenous suppliers, start-ups and disability suppliers.
- ensuring SMEs can compete on an equal footing in ICT and digital procurement activities.
The taskforce will consider actions the NSW Government can take to improve growth in capacity and capability of the local ICT and digital industry.
This will build on existing NSW Government initiatives focused on encouraging this growth as well as investment in technology precincts.
The review will focus on:
- definition of sovereign procurement, in particular what is an SME
- building a current baseline on ICT and digital sovereign procurement and spend
- setting measurable targets for ICT and digital sovereign procurement and spend
- barriers to achieving measurable targets
- assessing effectiveness and target outcomes of current ICT and digital procurement initiatives
- assessing effectiveness and target outcomes of current technology sector growth initiatives
- assessing effectiveness and target outcomes of current social procurement policies
- strategies and policies to bridge the identified gaps in achieving the targets.
Have your say
There are two ways you can provide feedback below.
Have your say by Friday 7 August 2020.