What’s this about?
In 2017 Transport for NSW spoke to the community about proposed improvements to this intersection.
In response to this feedback, the following revisions were made:
Blaxland and Balaclava Road
- Widening of Balaclava Road for a second right turn lane from Balaclava Road into Blaxland Road
- Adjustment to the traffic lights for vehicles turning right from Blaxland Road onto Balaclava Road
- Kerb and footpath extension on the northbound side on Blaxland Road to stop vehicle access into Ball Avenue from the intersection
- Introduction of a new No Parking area between 6am and 10am and between 3pm and 7pm weekdays along the westbound side of Balaclava Road.
Pedestrian and bike users
- Widening of the existing shared path at the north-eastern corner and the space for pedestrian and bike users at the south-eastern corner of the intersection
- Footpath extension on the northbound side of Blaxland Road.
- Relocation of the existing pedestrian and bicycle crossing to the southern approach of Blaxland Road
- Relocation of the existing bus shelter and installing new tactile indicators.
A new public space for the local community
- Creation of a fenced dog park at Moore Park
The benefits of these changes
- Improved road safety for all road users
- Reduced traffic light queueing
- Better traffic flow north and south, will reduce travel time for road users
- Improved pedestrian and bike rider safety.
We invite your feedback on the proposal, including your ideas for the fenced dog park, to help make this a better place to walk, ride and travel around.
Have your say
Have your say by Friday 15 October 2021.
There are two ways to provide feedback: