What’s this about?
Motorists travelling westbound on the M5 Motorway through Moorebank currently experience traffic congestion in the afternoon peak. This is caused by traffic entering the motorway westbound at Moorebank Avenue and merging with traffic already on the motorway that is looking to exit at Hume Highway. Increasing heavy vehicles travelling from the Moorebank Intermodal Park will also add to the congestion.
Key benefits include:
- Provide a reliable road network to support economic and residential growth in western Sydney
- Reduce congestion by removing the traffic weave
- Improve safety and access to the Liverpool CBD
- Provide pedestrian and cyclist connection across the Georges River.
- Provide efficient, reliable travel between the Moorebank Intermodal Park and the state road network
- Support the M5 Motorway as the key gateway for south‑west Sydney
- Improve traffic flow across Georges River.
Have your say
Please provide your feedback between 29th August 2022 and 29 September 2022.