What’s this about?
The NSW Government is improving accessibility at Moree Station.
The upgrade is being delivered as part of the Transport Access Program. The program improves public transport for customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure.
The upgrade will provide a station that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
Some of the key benefits will include:
- upgrades to existing footpaths and ramps around the station precinct
- upgrades to the taxi zone and kiss and ride space
- a new accessible parking space
- a formalised bus stop at the station entrance
- modifications to the waiting room and ticket office
- improved amenities including ambulant toilets
- a new boarding assistance zone on the platform
- tactile indicators along the platform
- improvements to wayfinding and lighting.
Have your say
There are four ways you can provide feedback below.
Have your say by 5pm Monday 21 June 2021.
Address: Transport Access Program – Moree: Associate Director, Environmental Impact Assessment, Transport for NSW, PO Box K659 Haymarket NSW 1240