What’s this about?
In accordance with 47C of the Native Title Act 1993 (Commonwealth), the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) seeks public feedback on a Native Title agreement with the Widjabal Wia-bal People as part of a settlement application that has commenced in the Federal Court of Australia.
The proposed agreement area will cover parts of the national park estate in northern NSW within the Widjabul Wia-bal claim area, where native title has been historically extinguished, including areas subject to public works:
- Boatharbour Nature Reserve
- Tuckean Nature Reserve
- Muckleewee Mountain Nature Reserve
- Goonengerry National Park
- Victoria Park Nature Reserve
- Mount Jerusalem National Park
- Nightcap National Park
- Davis Scrub Nature Reserve
- Snows Gully Nature Reserve
- Tucki Tucki Nature Reserve
- Andrew Johnson Big Scrub Nature Reserve
- Whian Whian State Conservation Area.
The Attorney General, as state Minister responsible for native title in NSW, proposes at least 3 months from the date of this notice to enter into this agreement.
Have your say
Have your say by Thursday 3 March 2022.
There are three ways to submit your feedback using the consultation methods listed below.
Address: National Parks and Wildlife Service PO Box 127 Murwillumbah NSW 2484