What’s this about?
The $342 million project will improve traffic flow and ease congestion on the Princes Highway to deliver safe and more reliable journeys within the Nowra-Bomaderry area.
Major work commenced in mid-2020 and the project is expected to be complete by mid-2024.
Transport for NSW is seeking feedback on the detailed design (PDF 3.14MB), urban design and landscape plan.
Key changes include:
- a new roundabout on Illaroo Road at the Fairway Drive intersection to provide safe access to and from the northern foreshore
- improving the design of the area at the southern end of the bridge at Scenic Drive to maximise open space
- closing the intersection of Scenic Drive and Bridge Road to improve pedestrian safety and connectivity
- providing a left turn lane from the Princes Highway into Pleasant Way, following community feedback
- providing signalised pedestrian activated crossings at Illaroo Road and Bridge Road to improve pedestrian and cyclist safety.
Have your say
There are two ways you can provide feedback below.
Have your say by Sunday 16 August 2020.