What’s this about?
The bus interchange at Blacktown train station is at capacity and is impacting bus services during peak hours.
Located east of Sunnyholt Road along the North West Transitway between Sackville Street and Gordon Street, the proposed bus layover facility will provide additional bus holding capacity and improve the reliability and efficiency of bus services while easing congestion for all road users.
Key features of the proposal:
- A 12m wide surfaced bus layover area, with 3.5m wide bus bays on either side.
- Capacity to hold 11 buses with a 5m wide central travel lane.
- A single-level driver’s facility building that houses a lunchroom and toilet block, with a dedicated footpath for safe access to these facilities.
- Bus entry from the North West Transitway and exit onto Gordon Street.
- Retaining wall, landscaping, and drainage.
- Modified noise wall if needed.
- Additional bus holding capacity to support the nearby bus interchange at Blacktown train station.
- Additional facilities for drivers to take a break between trips.
- Allow for the timely and efficient operation of bus services in the area.
Have your say
Have your say by Tuesday, 2 November 2021.
There are two ways to provide your feedback: