What’s this about?
The upgrade is being delivered as part of the Transport Access Program. The program improves the experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure across the state.
The Towradgi Station upgrade will provide a station precinct accessible to those with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
Key benefits include:
- a new footbridge over the rail corridor connecting the platforms of Towradgi Station
- two new lifts which will have three stops including platform level, road/pedestrian level and footbridge level
- new footpaths to connect Towradgi Road and Weber Crescent to the station and the new footbridge
- two accessible parking spaces and a kiss and ride zone on Weber Crescent
- new stairs on either side of the footbridge
- replacement of the existing station toilet with a new family accessible toilet
- replacement of platform shelters
- minor regrading and widening of the station platforms
- upgrades to CCTV, lighting, handrails, drainage works, landscaping, wayfinding and signage
- construction of a new station services equipment room (SSER) adjacent to Weber Crescent.
Have your say
There are three ways you can provide feedback below.
Have your say by Monday 3 August 2020.