Applications Extended 2022 NSW Aboriginal Nursing and Midwifery Cadetship and Scholarships
Applications for a NSW Health Aboriginal Nursing and Midwifery Cadetship have been extended by two weeks with the closing date now at 11:59pm on 14 February 2022.
The Cadetships provide financial support, work placement and mentoring to Aboriginal people studying or planning to study a nursing or midwifery degree at university.
a study allowance of $600 per fortnight while studying for 40 weeks
$500 per semester support allowance
12 weeks paid employment in a Far West Local Health District facility
support from an Aboriginal mentor, cadet coordinator and additional clinical support.
the possibility of ongoing employment when you successful complete your studies and the program
To apply, you must:
- be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- be known and accepted in the community that you live or have lived
- currently be studying or about to study an undergraduate nursing or midwifery degree at university
- be a resident of NSW (or within 5km of the NSW border)
- not be eligible for an AHPRA registration as a nurse or midwife (EN/RN/RM)
The NSW Health Aboriginal Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship Programs also provide financial support for undergraduate nursing and midwifery studies. Scholarships of up to $1,000 per subject are available for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students undertaking a Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery.
To apply for a scholarship, you must be:
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- known and accepted in the community that you live or have lived
- a resident of NSW
- enrolled in an Australian Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery degree
- willing to participate in an evaluation or telephone survey about the Aboriginal scholarships program
Successful applicants will also be required to meet NSW Health immunisation requirements for work placement and subsequent offers of employment. NSW Health is committed to growing our Aboriginal workforce. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
To view the Applicant Information Package and apply, visit: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/nursing/aboriginal-strategy/Pages/default.aspx
For general enquiries about the NSW Aboriginal Nursing and Midwifery Cadetship and Scholarships, please contact Chelsea Anderson via email on Chelsea.Anderson@health.nsw.gov.au