Medicare, health cover and MyHealth record
Learn more about Medicare, private health insurance and the Australian Government's My Health record.
Medicare is Australia’s universal health insurance scheme. It guarantees all Australians (and some overseas visitors) access to a wide range of health and hospital services at low or no cost.
Private health care and insurance
Information about private health facilities in NSW, comparing private health insurance policies for your needs and how to make a complaint about a private health insurer.
- Find licensed private health facilities in NSWeast
- How health insurance workseast
- Find a registered health insurereast
- What is covered by private health insuranceeast
- Compare private health insurance policieseast
- Read State of the Health Funds Reportseast
- Make a complaint about private health insurance to the Commonwealth Ombudsmaneast
My Health Record
Learn more about the Australian Government My Health Record including what is information is recorded, your rights and privacy and how to opt out of the program.
Between 16 July 2018 and 31 January 2019, Australians had the opportunity to decide if they wanted a My Health Record and to opt out if they didn’t want one.
Records have now been created for eligible Australians who didn’t opt out.