Geriatric (seniors) outpatient clinic Blue Mountains Hospital
location Corner Great Western Highway and Woodlands Road, Katoomba, NSW 2780 Get directions
Locked Bag 2, Katoomba NSW 2780
(02) 4784 6983
Geriatric outpatient clinic patients can access specialist appointments, tests and procedures without being admitted to hospital.
We see older patients or senior people in the community who need the following services:
- cognitive assessment
- falls and fracture risk assessment
- comprehensive geriatric assessment
- follow-up of general medicine inpatients, such as delirium
- residential aged care facility home visits
Patients will need a referral from their doctor or GP (general practitioner) including details of their patient history, current medications and symptoms.
All new patients will need a completed referral form to be faxed to the clinic before an appointment can be made. GPs and referring clinicians can access the form in the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD outpatient referral catalogue.
Clinic services, specialists and hours
This clinic is run each Thursday by Dr Khin Thu or Dr Karen Fernandez.
What to bring
- Medicare card for bulk billing
- list of current medications
- previous test and pathology results, reports and scans if available.
All our hospitals and locations are smoke-free. Smoking anywhere on the grounds may result in a $300 fine. View our policy.